Re: My obnoxious looping tale...

Of course it all depends on what you are using this rig for. It
sounds like you are trying to use it within an ensemble setting. If
so, syncing with the band is an issue. The RC50 does have midi sync,
but it only works when it is the master.
Plogue and Ableton will work beautifully. I like Ableton very much
because Im a softy. Also I like the layout, stability and
compatability (rewire etc).
Sooperlooper is a mac app and Mobius is a windows rig. Either can be
hosted in Plogue or Ableton.
It seems to make sense to use these as a virtual EDP as they are free
and you already have Ableton. There is plenty of info on using these
in there respective forums.
Once you are up and running you will feel immortal. Go for it. You
may even fire the band.
Good luck.
Chris