Soundcraft Compact Mixers good for Looping?

Hi folks

I'm just looking for a small, portable, affordable mixer for looping based
live stereo setup with active PA.
I kind of liked the Soundcraft Compact 4 Mixer. First, the Compact 4/10
are setup for recording, so sound quality shouldn't be too bad. And
especially, what I liked is the fact that the whole setup sort of has two
stereo Aux busses with stereo routing to Play/Record/Monitor outputs.
Drawback on the Compact 4 seem to be the Chinch inputs (yuck). But I have
quite a few high quality Instrument-to-Chinch cables left over I could use.

I don't need it at all for recording. I would just use it for live
situations. The alternative is to get the Soundcraft Compact 4 versus
Tapco Blend 6 What do you think? Any good?

Do you think I can use the Monitor Out feature in "Mono" mode to send a
sterea signal sum to a mono FX?

Here is the web page:
http://www.soundcraft.com/product_sheet.asp?product_id=121

Here is a good picture (1MB):
http://www.soundcraft.com/download.asp?filename=images/products/product_sheet/compact/compact_4_10_front_high.jpg

Here is a SoundOnSound Review of Compact 4:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul04/articles/soundcraftcompact.htm

Tapco Blend 6 Mixer for Comparison:
http://www.tapcoworld.com/products/blend6/index.html

Rgds