Re: computers suck creative energy

Well, there's like 300 million people in America (and only about 50
million voted for Bush). My experience is that audiences exist for
just about every kind of music, especially when the ideas and "vision"
in that music is communicated.

One thing I take comfort in is the amount of fans there are for the
'fringe bands' of commercial radio - Pink Floyd, The Grateful Dead,
Bjork, Radiohead, etc...  If so many people are stimulated by the
strangest thing they can hear on a clearchannel station, it seems
likely that many of them would have ears for something even more 'out
there'.

Matt Davignon
www.ribosomemusic.com

Stefan Tiedje was like:
> > The average audience member is highly underrated. Especially by
> > organisers. If the music is done well, you can reach any audience, no
> > matter how far away you are from the mainstream or from what the
> > audience usually expects.
> > Exactly that is the artistic challenge!

And then Chris Sewell was all: