Re: computers suck creative energy

>> The average audience member is highly underrated. Especially by
>> organisers. If the music is done well, you can reach any audience, no
>> matter how far away you are from the mainstream or from what the
>> audience usually expects.
>> Exactly that is the artistic challenge!
>>
>> Stefan

Stefan's statement (quoted above) pretty much sums up my philosophy
towards my electronic music/theremin/looping performances.

While there is never a guarantee that every performance will reach the
audience, there is always the possibility.  I'd rather pursue
possibilities rather than beat my head against barriers (real or
imagined.)

I have been in situations where I really didn't know how my music
would be recieved and have been pleasantly surprised.  I find that if
I am well-prepared and confident that the music comes through and I
get a good reaction from listeners.

As this thread "computers suck creative energy" has progressed, I have
thought about the topic and concluded that there are a lot of things
that suck creative energy (fatigue, negativism).  However, computers
have served me well.  Yes, equipment and computers can take me off on
unproductive tangents.  However, my unproductive tangents were more
time-consuming before personal computers became available.    Now, I
can waste time quickly and efficiently.  **grins**

-- Kevin