RE: inexpensive small true mic preamps

Rick:
Presonus makes both mono and stereo versions of their mic pre...very good little pre.

For a little more there is a very nice tube preamp by Summit Audio which you may be able to find on ebay in your price range (used).

Max

> From: looppool@cruzio.com
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> Subject: inexpensive small true mic preamps
> Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 15:48:24 -0800
>
> I want to get either a mono or a stereo, tube mic preamplifier
> that has a small footprint and also is a true tube mic pre.
>
> If memory serves me correctly, there was thread here where
> someone said that the inexpensive tube mic pres, like the Art
> where not true tube pres, sending only a small amount of the signal
> through the actual tube.
>
> In that thread , if it was indeed, here, someone highly recommended
> a small stereo tube preamplifier that actually passed all the signal through
> the tube and also was not prohibitively expensive (I believe in the
> $170-$200
> range).
>
> Can anyone refresh my memory or at least recommend something, small
> that sounds good and doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
>
> thanks, in advance,
>
> Rick

You keep typing, we keep giving. Download Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. Join in!