The Golden Age of Electronic/New Age Music

Is it just me? I've been listening to some older Christmas music (originally on cassette no less) entitled Carillon Christmas. I believe this work is from around 1985/1986. It put me in mind of all the great electronic, synthesizer-based recordings that were created around that timeframe. Much of my all-time favorite music stems from that period when synthesizers, samplers, etc. became affordable by mere mortals. I'm thinking of many, many works, but White Arcades from Harold Budd, Software's SYN CODE A, Steve Roach's Dreamtime Return and Steven Van Handel's Pearls of the Soul come to mind.

Will the likes of an era ever come again?