Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 5:43 PM
Subject: OT: Portable field recorders (again)

I'm looking to pick up a field recorder and I was wondering if there was any kind of clear favorite here.  I looked through the archives and it seems like people are generally happy with what's currently available but I thought I'd ask if anyone had any new opinions on the relative merits of the Zoom H2 (or H4), Eiderol R-09, or M-Audio Microtrak.  I'll most likely be using this for live recording and vocal sketches (not so much frogs and lightening and that sort of thing).

Thanks

Kevin