Re: Intro and question

On Dec 14, 2007 9:09 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Maybe he doesn't want to loop his playing but rather to play his
looping?

(What I'm hinting at here is the fact that a looping device is not
only "recorder" but a kind of instrument in its own right)

Oh sure, I know that, it was more a turn of phrase than a definition of style or intent.  What I meant is only that Richard Thompson  is, as his ex-wife said, "Spoon-bendingly talented" without anything other than a guitar and I can't really think how he would incorporate looping tech to his advantage.

I am fully in the 'looper as instrument camp' myself.

Kevin