Re: Vortex power supply - AC, but can take DC?

> Guys honestly its only a matter of time before you burn something out!
> have been round and
> round with my fellow repair people and we all say the same thing it is
>not
> worth the risk and time
> involved to get the equipment working.

As an equipment manufacturer, I always recommend that people buy
replacement
power supplies directly from me.  In fact, I encourage it by only charging
my cost on the replacement supplies.  My reasoning is that I know the
behavior of the supplies that I ship.  There are other supplies that will
work, but without having a chance to test them, I can't no for certain
that
they will work.  So, I try to keep my customers happy by providing them
with
a known good supply at a reasonable price.

As far as getting supplies for obsolete equipment, I have found it
difficult
to always get a manufacturer supplied replacement supply for obsolete
gear.
In that case, I do what the people on the list here have been doing.  I do
my best to determine what the required specs for the supply are and then I
go find a suitable supply to meet those specs.