loopety loop

Hello all and thanx for a great forum.....such interesting people, music, opinions, input and output. As a newbie yall have been a great help to me ....
I am considering adding an RC20 to my setup in order to send a distinct and separate drum loop to my echoplex and i want to make reasonably sure it will do what I think it can before I buy......
my setup is for solo and would be arranged as follows
6 channel drum mixer runs L & R main out to 2 channels on 12 channel mixer
main mixer has 4 aux send and returns with aux 4 being the echoplex
RC20 would also connect to one of the aux send and returns
both aux returns would feed a seperate channels on the main mixer
the RC20 would be dedicated to drums RE the sends on the instruments would be off

I use hand drums and generally set a groove then walk away from them to guitar,bass or mandolin and the phrasing capabilities of the RC20 lead me to think that I can stage rhythm changes in that groove then call them to the echoplex when I want them
I dont think I will be dealing with sync issues as the sync is up to me (as with playing live with other performers) and once the rhythmic changes are set (*verse, chorus bridge) i think i can feed them to to the echoplex using multiple loops for the different sections.
with both loopers set to quantize will this allow me to tap dance across the pedals
to accomplish what i want?

Also I dont clearly understand the RC20 footswitch....the way I understand.... it uses the boss AB  F6 ....do you use an insert cable? and then how does it control the phrasing? which mode do you use it in (latching or momentary)?

Running thru the aux sends and returns it seems possible that if overdub is on at the echoplex and i insert a new phrase on the RC20 it would track directly to the echoplex and become part of that loop....

I am thinking the possibilities with this kind of setup could allow a lot of versatility.  I also have a DL4 I use for my guitars and have looped the loop with it.  Not thru the aux sends and return tho but that is what got me to thinking of this scenario.

So .....tell me about your RC20's .....and if you think im just chasing a complication that will drive me insane......

Richard Firehawks

firehawks