Re: If you were going to buy just one Mic...

"Ian Popperwell" <popperwell@iname.com> said:

> If I were to choose one mic, it wouldn't be a dynamic, although I do
>agree
> with Andy about the Sennheiser MD421 )MKii) and there's the  MD441

The MD441 is my go-to mic.  I'd use 'em on everything if I had enough of
them.  Well, there are some vocalists that don't like them because flaws
don't get obscured...

Three problems with those mics:

1) size -- they're quite long and can get in the way in tight places.

2) the clip -- the clear plastic one lasts a year or so and breaks, and
costs a small fortune ($65 or so).

3) the price.  They've come down in price, but they're still near $750.

Still. if I was rich, I'd have a dozen.

Dave O'H
oheareATmagmaDOTca