a bit OT: audio sustain?

Howdy y'all
Yet another lurker surfacing here...
I was wondering if any of you know of a kind of (loop based?) sustain for audio, either hardware or software.  I want to be able to use my voice to build tone clusters live, one note at a time.  I'm aware that TC-Helicon includes something called "harmony hold" in their VoiceWorksPlus rack but it seems to only sustain one note (or generated harmony) at a time while you sing or play over it.  Not quite what I'm after.  Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Lorne