Re: What will become of the Repeater pitch stretching techology,I wonder

> Per wrote:
> That sounds pretty amazing! Is the process true real-time? I mean, can
> you play a phrase, sample it and pitch it in one go? Or do you have to
> record the samples before you start playing?

The technology is called Variphrase. You can play a phrase and sample it
on the fly (resampling) or use the external stereo audio input. After that
you have to "encode" the raw sample, store it and create a patch using the
new sample. So, you need to press a few buttons before you can control
time, pitch and formant using midi CC's and play phrases :) Imo, the
V-Synth isn't a real-time looper but a very interesting instrument for
sound designers.

http://wwww.roland.com/products/en/exp/VariPhrase.html

Sjaak

---
Scarlet One, ADSL 6 Mbps + Telefonie, vanaf EUR 29,95...
http://www.scarlet.be/