Re: gaspedal - followup

Ciao Zoe,
in the infinite ( but now ended) search for the perfect pedalboard I
also conctacted Lenders.
It was May last year, when the first rumors about the gaspedal were
coming out.
This is the reply I got from him at that time:
"The gaspedal is posible to send momentary switch functions tht means
that every controll switch can be used as a latch or unlach switch and
reverse status for the leds.
this last one for use wth units like line 6 where the status is reverse.

we are in production proces now that means that we are making the cases
and pcb boards for building the gas pedal.
The displee and expand are also in the building proces.
the soft ware is actualy ready but i can try to let you see it but do
not have the time for it right now.
let me see wht i can do.

we hope to get the first one out in july /august.
please check the the website sometime.
www.guitar-systems.com
i live in the netherlands.
price wil be €999, ex vat. "

At that time there was no pc editor available yet; it would have been
the most interesting way to check its technical possibilities.

Anyway, I decided to take the big Gordius one.
It was not just a matter of cost ( big difference anyway) but because I
felt there was a different commitment behind the project.
Even if I haven't had the chance to compare the two, I am happy to have
decided for the Gordius as Xavier is someone who is clearly showing his
genuine care and, in times when people are falling behind the products
they sell making them a problem difficult to deal with, I think this is
a major issue to keep on consideration.
Lenders is making guitar player's rack systems and we know that there
are completely different requirements from that target ( very simple
functions, low flexibility and so on).
I bought the first Big Gordius made and the buttons were the most
important question mark to check when receiving the pedal.
I have been super happy to find that these allow me to play even in very
silent environments ( recording together with acoustic instruments like
cellos, violins, flutes...) and are both sensitive and solid.

Hope to have been someway useful in this very delicate decision.

My best,
Luca
www.unguitar.com