Re: qualities of reverb

  Michael,

What I hear in that clip is actually a pad underlying the guitar.
though I can see why you might think it is purely the reverb
generating the lushness.

  I happen to know for a fact that the Cocteau Twins were huge fans of
the Lexicon PCM-70 and in fact that is the reverb I hear on this
clip, specifically the concert hall algorhythm.  The Concert Hall has
a parameter called  "Chorusing" which simply modulates a few of the
recirculating delays and gives a very haunting shimmer.

-Chuck Zwicky
http://www.zmix.net