RE: Easiest drum machine software

> Any thoughts on a "for dummies" software drum machine?

Not exactly what you're looking for but be sure to check out the Steinberg Grooveagent - it has a cool user interface that allows you to intuitively choose from many nice prefabricated rhythms which can be randomized and modified in various ways. Something for dummies such as myself. I was too lazy to program drum rhythms and instead used several highly randomized Grooveagent rhythms in my latest guitar livelooping experiments - go to www.michaelpeters.de/livelooping2007.htm and listen to the three Norwich sets. I didn't want to take a computer on stage so I recorded several minutes of each of these rhythms and fed them into a loop from a CD player, directly overdubbing bass, and I had my backing band playing along in no time  :-)

-Michael