New EDP Problem or Feature? -Loop Playback/Dynamics

Hey ,

Early Loopers Delight member, who hasn't been around for a LONG time.......good to see things are still going strong.

Sorry my 1st post in forever has to be a "HELP!!!".

Just got a Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro and Foot Control from MF....good deal, too.......well, maybe?

I'm new to the EDP, but not to looping.

I'm having a problem making loops with swells and dynamics. The EDP works fine when I play a strong rhythmic figure, but when I do volume swells or soft passages, it cuts off the playback when the input level gets too low. In other words, say I volume swell in a chord.......on playback, it cuts off the beginning of the swell and end of it, abruptly. The loop is the entire length I recorded, but you only HEAR the louder sections. Kind of sucks.

I'm using my strat straight into the EDP, then right out to the amp. I have the input set so it's green and only only goes orange when I nail it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- jim fogarty

PS....the UNDO function seems a little hinky, too........so, I may have a lemon.