Re: Pitch-to-MIDI conversion

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 7:21 AM, doc rossi <docittern@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone here used Melodyne? It seems like an interesting program,
> and their new feature - DNA, Direct Note Access - will allow you to
> change a note or notes within a chord or polyphonic texture.  I've
> heard that the plug-in isn't that good - true?
>
> http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=dna

I've been using Melodyne, the "studio" version and I think it is very
good. Much better than Autotune and if you're not dedicated to produce
in Pro Tools also better, IMHO, than the digi elastic audio functions.
The reason for that view is based on wanting to work on many
platforms. For a "Pro Tools guy" digi would be faster.

There is no use for either in my own music so I don't use Melodyne on
a regularly basis. I've given it deep check-outs when reviewing it for
magazines though.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen