Merging KP3 Loop Layers

A consistent problem I've had ever since I've began using a Korg KP3 as my primary compositional and looping tool is the tricky business of merging separate layers. As you may know, the KP3 has 4 sample banks, all of which by default loop beautifully. When it comes to, say, merging Banks A, B, and C over to the D bank (to free up the space for more layering), the typical approach I've always taken is entering "Sample All" mode (shift+Sample), selecting bank D while A, B, and C are playing, and recording them as merged on D. The rub, of course, is that banks A, B, and C continue to loop AFTER D completes the merge, meaning I have to be lightning quick simultaneously disabling banks A, B, and C JUST after D finishes it's record cycle (to avoid a "drop" at the end of D's merged version) while simultaneously not letting A, B, and C continue playing as D starts up (which results in the same sound being played over the top of itself, with 2x the volume and 2x the distortion). I've gotten pretty good with practice, but there's always that perceivable microsecond "jump" in level and distortion when merging, as I tend to err on the side of safety to avoid the aforementioned "drop".

Is there some feature I'm overlooking that will selectively stop the source sample banks playing the moment the merged version begins, or am I just going to have to keep on with practice, practice, practice?

Thanks!

--
~cole
http://holotone.net/