Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 1:23 PM
Subject: OT? Laptops on the PC side

Okay, first off, thanks for the previous round of laptop advice.  I would love a MacBook Pro.  We'll see how that shakes out, but in the meantime, how about recommendations for a PC laptop for use with live audio and live video processing (probably not at the same time).

What I'm specifically looking at is whether or not I can get a comparable system to the MacBooks that is as stable and useful for audio and visual apps for less cash.

Basically I'm still up in the air and trying to figure out which side I'll be coming down on (but I will be going the laptop route, a weekend of hauling gear and trying to troubleshoot the mess or wires and connections just really knocked me into the arms of the laptop (or at least the desire for one))

Thanks,

Kevin

--

Till now you seriously considered yourself to be the body and to have a
form. That is the primal ignorance which is the root cause of all trouble.

- Ramana Maharshi (1879-1950)

Sound and Vision: http://www.minds-eye.org