Re: OT: Traveler Guitars?

Well, this is timely, I just ordered a Traveler Escape nylon-string. The
nylons are the only models I researched, but I've actually heard very
good things about them, particularly the new MK-II. I decided to go with
the older model as it's a tiny bit smaller and I found one on Ebay for
$280 US (and I dig the minimalism of the Steinberger-esque body). It's
mainly as a replacement for my Martin Backpacker, which has intonation
problems and a smaller scale which I dislike (I'm fascinated by
Krispen's move to mini's, though...), and the Traveler is 9" shorter
even though it has a full scale length. Though I'd love to use a guitar
this size as my main axe for ease of travel, I'm using the guitar body
more and more as percussion and so I need to stick with a full-size
acoustic for serious gigs.

Here's a video of someone using one of the new nylons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO7bs2sQ5Cg

Sounds pretty good to me, you can tell it's a piezo but I use flamenco
strings which seem to reduce the piezo honkiness, at least on my
Takamine. I'll give a review when I finally get to play the guitar in
June, I'll be in the States then to pick it up.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com