Looping venue help

I'm working on setting up solo touring for the summer, and am wondering
if anyone can offer any suggestions for venues friendly to looping of
the improvised variety in a few distinct cities:

- San Diego, CA
- Philadelphia, PA (looking here with Chinapainting)
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Toronto, Canada
- Montreal, Canada

I'm just looking for cafes/galleries/lofts/squats to do my stuff, I'm
not concerned about the prestige of the venue or money (hahaha).

As a side note...my tour is split between vocal shows, instrumental
shows, and the looping thing, and while booking is generally a drag,
dealing with the experimental music venues has been a sheer pleasure so
far. It's funny; nightclubs only care that you put "drinking customers
in seats" (I'm so tired of seeing that phrase), coffeeshops only care
that you don't curse, but the experimental venues have been without
exception warm, generous, and genuinely interested in the music. The
amount of support in the experimental music community - the Loopfest
being a prime example of course - that I've seen in the last couple of
years since I started playing this stuff out has been extremely
encouraging to me. One place in Washington DC, for example, couldn't
work with my dates for a show, but still asked if I wanted to come by
for a drink and chat about music. I love that.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com