Re: This is your brain on jazz -- MRI studies of improvisation

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Krispen Hartung <khartung@cableone.net>
wrote:

>  ...but it's pretty damn cool that science is starting to show that us
> improvisers having something unique going on in our brains when we play.
>
>  Kris

I've been suspecting this all the time since I started playing
improvised music in 1976. But I can't say, subjectively, what part of
my perception are cause by these "brain mutations" or what parts are
caused by normal learning. As I said in an earlier post, that also was
referring to these scientific findings: it would be interesting to see
this research on musical improvisers related to other research on
brain reactions under meditation, breathing exercises and other sort
of improvisation besides musical improvisation.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)