Re: Questions for VG99 users.

Chris,

I got mine last October.

I use it.

I love it.

The acoustic sounds are fine  to great (if you like a sort of piezo-y
kind of acoustic sound).

I especially dig the nylon patches though - they are superb!!!

Ease of use is okay once you get past the instrument set-up phase.

I've been using Roland GK pickups for as long as they've been around
though.

So I sortta know what I'm doing there.

But a lot of noobie folks on the VG discussion list(s) have been
complaining about various difficulties with patches and sounds and
triggering and tone that (I believe) have more to do with poor set-up
than anything else.

Keep in mind too that this is like one of the most complicated pieces
of kit ever devised.

Programing it has been more of a challenge than even I expected.

I have had to ask the advice of other users more than once.

If you get one let me know, if I can be of any help I would be happy to
answer any question about what I do know (so far  . . . and say "gee I
dunno" about what I don't.

Cheers,

Ted Killian