RE: downloads with a donation button was Why SHOULDN'T musicians be paid?

I read that after the first four months Radiohead was averaging 2.60 a CD
... (2/3 of people paid nothing, but a fair portion of the paying paid over
$10 .... so averaged to $2.60).

Apparently, that’s better than they would get from the labels (who give
them
~$1.50 per CD).

Those are all out of the NY Times, who knows .... but they sound like they
could be accurate to me.

Anyway, I like the idea .... given the number of musicians out there the
public certainly has more new music than they can handle ... so we
shouldn't
really expect to make much $.

Another interesting article I read a couple years back noted that there
were
far more virtuosos than needed .... citing the number of pro classically
trained cellists, oboist, etc.  There are far more incredible classical
musicians than there are orchestras (this was for the US only, but I bet it
holds for Europe too).

No wonder even the classical guys call it "winning a gig" when they get a
job ... hahha.