Subject:        [differentskies] Announcing electro-music 2008
Date:   Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:50:45 -0400
From:   Greg Waltzer <egwaltzer@comcast.net>
To:     beyond_em@yahoogroups.com, differentskies@yahoogroups.com,
ElectronicMusic@yahoogroups.com, loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com,
oddmusic@yahoogroups.com, Philly_Ambient@yahoogroups.com,
spacemusic@yahoogroups.com, the_ambient_way@yahoogroups.com,
benders@yahoogroups.com, cityskies@yahoogroups.com,
RicochetGathering@yahoogroups.com, SynthSights@yahoogroups.com

We proudly announce electro-music 2008(TM), a three day conference/music
festival to be held at the Renaissance Center in Kingsport Tennessee,
August 14 - 16, 2008. The program will include lectures, demos, jam
sessions, and concerts.

The scope of this festival is very broad, covering all aspects of
electro-music: experimental electronic music, circuit bending, computer
music, electro-jazz, modular synthesis, musique concrete, improvisation,
algorithmic composition, multi-media, visual art and much more. The
focus will be on participant involvement, sharing, community
development, audience education, and great music.

If would like to participate in electro-music 2008 by giving a musical
or visual performance, seminar, workshop, or demonstration, please
follow the instructions at:
http://electro-music.com/event/HowToParticipate.html
Note that since this is a community event rather than a commercial
event, all participants are required to purchase tickets for the event.

electro-music 2008 will build on the success of the previous
electro-music events in 2005, 2006 and 2007. The participants at those
events felt it was a ground-breaking and inspirational experience. After
three successful years in Philadelphia, the festival moves to Kingsport
Tennessee. We expect many of the artists who were at the earlier events
to return this year, along with some interesting and talented newcomers.
More information can be found at the event web site:
http://event.electro-music.com/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: