RE: Programming the FCB1010 for the EDP (Karma)

Hi there....talk about problems!!!

With the CC fudge-solution sugested here I can get the following by keeping the cc's on channel1 with a source offset of 36

BOTTOM ROW

 1 record using just one cc...and a Value of 38-01

(I then tried using a value of 38-01 as CC1 followed by a value of 38-00 ...this resulted in having to tap the pedal en extra time before it would begin or stop recording , i dont know why.)

2 overdub again seems to work using just one cc 39-01

3 multiply again just one cc seding out 40-01

4 half speed  48-01

5 reverse 49-01

(should these have other numbers following them in a seccond cc? if so can someone give an example I can work with?)

TOP ROW
6 Mute 42-01 seems to work now
7 Sus Overdub ...cant find any combination of cc's to work
8 Sus Replace ... again can't get working
9 Undo CC1 43-01.... CC2 43-00 .......seems to kind of work but the EDP light goes perminantly red and this sometimes seems to glitch and stop all other buttons working
0 Next Loop 44-01

on another page I have also been tying to get reset but cant get it to work consistently (sometimes it seems to work but not always)using cc1 62-01 followed by cc2 62-01

the nmbers are the order in which i put them into the fcb1010 hope it makes sense, am i putting them in the wrong order or choosing incorrect numbers? i just dont know where to start.

OK If i have to move on and get more kit I think my first port of call will be Uno, is anyone using an Uno modded FCB1010 with a EDP using CC's on here? does it work? I would love to hear from you.

Many thanks for continued help
Phill Wilson
> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 21:05:45 +0100
> From: akbutler@tiscali.co.uk
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> Subject: Re: Programming the FCB1010 for the EDP (Karma)
>
> hi Phillip
>
> You can use CC to operate an EDP,
> but using the fcb1010 gives limited results,
> as the edp needs the CC equivalent of Note-Offs
> if you're going to get the same results.
>
> i.e. if when you released he switch you
> could send the corresponding CC with a value of 0 then all would be
> well, thus giving you all the needed LongPress and ShortPress functions.
> ...but the fcb doesn't do that
>

> Just sending the first CC on it's own always gives you LongPress,
> ...so every time you try Record, you get a Reset :-(
>

> As fcb can send 2 CCs, you could program in a ShortPress,
> by sending the CC of value 0 immediately after the CC for the function.
> ..but problem is you have to program another switch if you want the
> LongPress at all.
>
> Lack of EDP3 response....check the fcb global midi channel for the CCs.
>

> Conclusion...it doesn't work that well :-(
>
> Suggestion...use a Midi Router instead. Andre Lafosse controlled 5 edps with one of those.
>
> Or..Get the Uno firmware upgrade for you fcb which solves the CC problem.
>

> andy butler
>
> phillip wilson wrote:
> > Hi Erland..and all...
> >
> > Heres a deal for you....Erland, I will email u offlist and work this
> > through with u, I have two EDPs up and running with the FCB
> > perfectly..Im confident I can get u up and running.
> >
> > HERES THE CATCH EVERYONE ELSE----
> > Will someone further up the ladder in EDP usership help ME!!!
> >
> > I need to control 3 EDPs of one Behringer FCB1010....
> > so far I can get two to play using notes and offsets of 0 and 48 on
> > Channel 1...........but if I try to add the same commands for EDP3 I run
> > out of midi notes at the top end (would need 137) If i bunch the offsets
> > closer together there seems to be cross talk between the desired
> > function on EDP3 and some undesired function on EDP2 due to overlap.
> >
> > I am therefor hoping I can use FCB1010 with the edp set to CTR instead
> > to grab them last buttons, however at the moment I cant get any reaction
> > at all out of EDP3
> >
> > It is still set to channel 1 same as the notes and I have brought the
> > offset back to 0 seeing as we are using CTR's so there shouldnt be any
> > miss-infomations (right???) basically if you have made an EDP work using
> > a behringer FCB1010 and CTR's I would love to hear from you.
> >
> > Pay It Forward
> >
> > Phill
> >
> > > Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:20:09 +0200
> > > From: perboysen@gmail.com
> > > To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> > > Subject: Re: Programming the FCB1010 for the EDP

> > the EDP

> > > Try searching the archives of this list! The topic has been up many
> > > times. I bet you will find at least three good guides ;-)
> > >
> > > --
> [...]

Have you played Fishticuffs? Get fish-slapping on Messenger