The Eye is as Quick as The Hand

Hmmm ...okay,. here goes:

Not to take ANYTHING away from David Ford's talent (catchy,
intelligent, I like it), but ... the video is misleading.

Watch the video VERY closely and follow the sequences that he lays
down. At no time is there an evident "controller" or "trigger" to
switch when he goes from the "layers" to singing the verses of the
song ... what gives?

I can understand having set some kind of threshold trigger for
recording the parts (the kitchen percussion, etc., the Jamman had that
a long time back and I know other loopers have the capability, too)
but there are no "actions" that he makes that would indicate that he
is switching "on/off" for when he sings the verses. The first of these
is at 1:41 into the video, right after laying down the first 3
percussion tracks and the harmonies. At first I thought when he turned
back to the counter, he was picking up a switch of some kind, but
after watching closely, you can see that it is a coffee cup which he
carries with him down the hall and sets on the floor.

Am I missing something here?

Dennis "Maybe I need more caffeine" Moser