Re: Announcing electro-music 2008

On Loopers Delight, Scott Kellogg wrote:
> The first year there were some Featured Artists that may have had some
> financial assistance.  This is complete speculation and not intended
> to be rumor mongering.  But, hey, they flew from the Netherlands :)
Wave World didn't get paid a dime from the festival and paid for their
own vacation to the US.  Like everyone else, they had to pay to ATTEND.
No one paid to play and no one got paid for playing.  The organizers
wish they could pay SOMETHING to the performers, but the low ticket
price makes that impossible.  They'd rather keep the event affordable
for people to attend.  They make no profit and still provide the server
for the entire electro-music community out of pocket year round.  Like
someone said, it's like a convention.  Very cool people making music,
giving talks, giving demos, having jam sessions, etc.  And they streamed
the concerts for those who couldn't attend.  (I don't know if this
year's facility has internet.)

This year, Moog Foundation will be represented.  In fact, they'll be
staffing the door!

Cheers,

Bill