OT t.c./Hellicon VSM-300 XT personal monitoring

Hi,

Partly inspired by the ongoing discussions about IEMs vs wedges vs headphones, etc, and partly by my own questions in the same area... I saw the tc/Hellicon VSM-300 XT

powered monitors and am interested in these or something similar for two purposes:

1. a close-up onstage monitor for my flute/FX so I can actually hear it properly when playing with bands.

2. a small portable, and loud enough amp for my flute when playing small café gigs  - where the guitarist uses an AER Compact 60.

Any experience of the tc/Hellicon monitors? or of any other of these small close-up monitors?

Thanks.

Ian.