OT: Real Time Analysis (RTA) help?

I once rented an easy-to-use handheld real time analyzer(RTA)to analyze the
sound of my listening room.  I then used a graphic equalizer to compensate
for the room acoustics.  As a result the room sound was much better.

The place that rents this equiment is hours away, so I'd rather not make
the round trip two days in a row (to return the device).

Can anyone recommend a s/w product that will do this?  e.g.  analyze pink
noise in 1/3 octaves.    I'd guess I might need a special microphone and a
source of pink noise to play while my computer analyzes the sound.

-Qua

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web