Re: octave stomp box?

The Boss PS-5 runs on Batteries and can do up to two octaves up/down.

Ian.

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Smart
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 10:40 PM
Subject: Re: octave stomp box?

One option is an Octavia-type pedal. I have the Dunlop Jimi Hendix Octave Fuzz, pretty cool. But it's not like a harmonizer effect, so can't do 2 octaves up. And the octave-up only works well if you play near the 12th fret with the neck pickup. But it sounds way cool, like the solo on "Purple Haze". I like to run that at a fairly tame level and run its output through a more saturated distortion sound.

If you play multiple notes you get weird ring-modulator-type effects that are kind of cool.

If you need a harmonizer thing this isn't it. Does the Digitech Whammy Pedal run on batteries?

--
Mark Smart
http://cdbaby.com/cd/marksmart