Re: OT: sonic viral infection

At 1:36 PM +0200 5/15/08, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
>Qua Veda schrieb:
>>Have you recently experienced such sonic viruses?   What treatment
>>worked for you?
>
>Choose another virus which you like better, then sing it all day
>long till you fall asleep. Keep a little collection of those to have
>varity. Torn isn't bad for that... Don't forget to include some bird
>songs...

That's been my solution exactly.  "Girl From Ipanema" works well, in
addition to Brubeck's "Take Five"/Steely Dan's "Rikki Don't Lose That
Number".  Also, Ennio Moricone's "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly" can
do a great job of wiping out most earworms, and Vince Guaraldi's
"Charlie Brown Theme" can cause one to dance gleefully around the
room until the former earworm is stamped out.

Above all else, however, avoid "In A Gadda Da Vida".  You'll replace
the original earworm with something far worse.  ;)

        --m.
--
_____
"take one step outside yourself. the whole path lasts no longer than