Re: OT: Mackie SRM150 / tiny PA

Hey Daryl!

Sorry for the late reply, but we were off in Korea on a "visa run".
(If there's anybody else from the Loopy list that would know the
definition of that term, then I'm sure it's you).

I saw you mention the Roland CM-30 Cube Monitors in your original
post.  I've got a pair of these that I use in a 2.1 setup along with
a Gemini 12" powered monitor.  I was wondering: how much low end do
you need to reproduce for your purposes?  The Roland's sound great
and have a very good frequency response all the way down through the
low mids, but their bass is fairly crippled -- which is why I
supplemented mine with a powered sub. They have a pretty hefty
rolloff below around 200 Hz, and practically nothing below around
60-80 Hz.  But, with a 5" woofer, you can't expect a whole lot of low
end response.

However, if you're just using them with your acoustic, I think they
may be worth taking a look.  They're extremely portable; I can easily
lift both of mine with just one arm.  There are a lot of I/O options,
and They're a lot louder than you might think, with low distortion,
and, if you can live without the bass response, reproduce tones
nicely.

Just another $.02 to consider.  Regardless, hope things are going
well and good luck!!!  :)

-- Duke.