Re: OT: Guitar Synth

Kevin Cheli-Colando schrieb:
> What I'd like ideally is a way to use the guitar as a trigger for a wide
> variety of odd sounds and percussive elements.

I would try to specify triggers for a limited amount of certain notes.
That would have the advantage that you don't need a real pitch
detection, which is technically complex and has latency issues...
I don't think there exists ready made gear for this, but to do that in
Max/MSP wouldn't be too hard. Basically have a peak filter and watch the
  volume. If it exceeds a threshold - trigger. You could do it as well
with an analog modular synth, but in this case software is much more
convenient... (But you'd need a laptop...)

Having a Gk2 would be a plus, you could define triggers for different
strings independently...

If you have a pitch to Midi running already, triggering sounds is as
simple as connecting a sampler with your own samples...

> And if not, so it goes, I hope another OT question doesn't offend.

No idea what this thread makes it OT...

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------