behringer tweakalizer first thoughts

well, thanks to Eben from out in NJ on our list, i am now the proud owner of
a behringer tweakalizer. got it out yesterday and last night and played around w/ it.
one thing-it is bigger than i thought it would be, it's about the size of my digitech rp150 and zoom g2 put together, when i had it hooked up, my wife came in my studio and said it looked like a spaceship had landed (the lights are cool).

i did have to break out the manual, it's not super intuitive when 1st hooked up.
on first play w/ my guitar setup, i got some nice filter sounds, boy it can make the guitar not sound like a guitar (for those who are into the Vintage thing-my 50's guitar w/ my vintage WARM sounding tube amp-it AIN'T FOR YOU). if you like to make freaky sounds and experiment-then it is for you.
there are a lot of parameters w/ the filters and a couple of options, it really puts a sine-wave sound in there-that's for sure, so more exploring.
and last nite i played around w/ the sampler-it just records blocks of material-no overdubs, and it records by measures (2 to 16 measures-and when you hit record it counts down backwards, it looks like the 16 measures was about 10 sec or so.
i just hit record and did a couple of slow low twangy rhythm things (i was using my clean setup), and it worked nice for setting that up, and then you could play over it (w/ mix on 50%). has the ability to change the pitch up/down one octave, and that was fun sounding and it goes in reverse, i would use the reverse one octave down a lot.
so that's all i've messed w/ on it, still more exploring. is it the end all/be all-no, probably not. but so far it has been a fun sound mangler. w/ the RCA ins outs, i've had ok results w/ my 1/4" phono plugs for guitar based effects. i know that when i had my original korg kaoss pad a few yrs ago, it seemed like there was a lot of high end gain thrown in, there's a bit of that w/ the tweakalizer, but not as bad as the kaoss pad w/ my setup....so so far i'm happy and look fwd to more exploring....
happy looping...
s---