Re: OT: In praise of Logic Express

> On Jun 10, 2008, at 1:01 PM, Warren Sirota wrote:
>> I haven't played that much yet with Logic Express, but I have to say
>that
>> what you get for $200 is extremely impressive

I fully agree, but yet the coolest parts - i.e. what I personally use
the most in Logic - is not included in the Express version.
http://www.apple.com/logicexpress
The upgrade cost from Express to Pro Studio is a pretty good deal
though, meaning that you won't lose much money on buying Express to
use for a while before upgrading - compared to going for Pro Studio
right away.

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Chris Sewell <lunamusic@mac.com> wrote:
> Mainstage is awesome as well.

Beware! MainStage doesn't come with Logic Express.
http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/

Logic's user interface is modeled from the classic recording studio
with the three components: Mixing console, patch bay and effect rack
(packed with top class effects + synthts) while Live's user interface
also reaches into the MPC territory. Loops in Logic are presented in
an all linear way, but you can still change the length of one loop and
directly see (graphically) how this loop's future playback will
interplay with other parallel loops, poly rhythmically. That's what
got me interested in Logic back in the nineties.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)