Re: Beginning looper - studio monitor, PA?

hi David, in truth I haven't even heard it yet, it's being shipped to my
States address this week. However, the reviews (including the ones here)
have been uniformly positive, and I understand that it does about as
well as could be expected in the low end from an 8" woofer. It's 150
watts of bi-amped power, compared to the Micro Cube at - heh - 5 watts.
It really is a small PA system, whereas the Micro Cube is pretty much a
busker amp. The Cube 30 would come closer to a comparison, though it's
still a lot less power and a 6.5" single speaker.

For my needs, which are something as small and portable as possible for
lowkey gigs, I didn't bother getting stands. And my plan is to leave one
speaker on the east coast and one on the west coast and fly with the
tiny detachable mixer (really the selling point for me), so the carrying
case wouldn't help me. If I was going to use it for local gigs, keeping
both speakers in the same place, I think the case would be a great
accessory.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com