RE: ebow for piano

Simple solution:  get a laser pointer and (assuming your hands will be busy) hold it in your mouth, directing the beam onto the area of the strings you’d like the kitten to perform on.  Most kittens I’ve seen enjoy chasing and pouncing on the ball of red light.  Be careful to keep from pointing it into the eyes, though.

In this manner, you can ‘conduct’ the creature a little, sending him/her to different registers and different ends of the strings.  With practice, I am certain that trills and repeated rhythms can be accomplished.  (Make sure whoever supplied the venue’s piano never finds out about it.)  Keeping the ‘players’ out of the hammers might be a challenge.

Since kittens’ personalities vary so much, it would ostensibly be possible to have a squad of ‘meowsicians’ with the more lethargic assigned to the soundscapes, largos and andantes, while the young A-types would get allegros, prestos and contemporary rhythms.

Donate a portion of your proceeds to local animal recovery and shelters…  Cut me in for a piece, too.

dave

I don't imagine the kitten would enjoy it very much.

Well, that's a good point/ thought/ perspective to consider, Kevin. BUT this sort of thing doesn't necessarily mean any harm to a kitten / young (small) cat. Not intentioned at all of course, but for a curious, well-adjusted feline, it might just be another day of play....and musical to boot...

Now the mouse would most likely not find this amusing at all, so I do now withdraw the idea.

Look, everyone knows that weasels are the only real creature that one should let loose inside a piano if you want the real crazy sounds.  Line up some weasels than we find the piano to house them.

Kevin

Trying to recover from a humorless morning

--

Till now you seriously considered yourself to be the body and to have a
form. That is the primal ignorance which is the root cause of all trouble.

- Ramana Maharshi (1879-1950)

Sound and Vision: http://www.minds-eye.org