Re: OT: Tour wrap-up

> That's interesting, since most of the flamewars that break out over
> getting
> paid start with one side going ballistic about anyone playing for free,
> i.e.
> tips.

Interesting, yes.  It does make me wonder if the willingness to feed a tip
jar rather than pay a cover isn't a sad commentary on society.  Does that
mean that we are more willing to give money to a beggar than to pay
somebody
to do their job?  I don't have a good answer, but I think it will be
interesting to see the directions that the world takes with regards to
musicians in years to come.

It also worries me that music is tied to video games.  Anybody else notice
that Guitar Hero and Rock Band songs are in heavy rotation these days on
the
radio?

Anyway, Daryl, I'm glad to here that overall your tour was a positive one.

Bob Amstadt