Re: is there a Bidule-type program that can run on Ubuntu linux?

Charlie Milkey schrieb:
> anyways, I really like Bidule. I would love to use it on a linux
> computer and go from there--does anyone know if there is one like it
> that can run on Ubuntu Linux?

Get Ubuntu Studio, it will come with Pd. As with Max/MSP it is a good
tool to create your own looping software, both share the same history...
Though Bidule doesn't run natively on Linux, you could give it a try
with wine... (I even got a Max runtime going with Linux...)

> also, are VST OS-specific? i have a feeling they are, and that might
> make things a little more difficult than I expected!

As far as I know you can run VST's under Linux. But I don't know the
details. All these VST hardware boxes run Linux under the hood...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------