LP1 question

Hey LP1 users,
I just got an LP1 i havent had much time to mess around with it but i did
plug it in as soon as i got it to test it quickly and was having problems
setting the levels,i have it plugged in the aux of my mixer returning its
outs to the mixers channels.Compared to the EDP it requires me to turn the
aux send almost all the way up for it to get a healthy signal and its
output is noisy and weak...i have to turn the individual tracks output to
about 15 so it has about the same output of the EDP,what am i doing
wrong?is there another way to set the input gain on it? at the moment i am
just testing it with a sure sm58.
thanx

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom