Re: DOES YOUR TOURING RIG DIFFER FROM YOUR HOME RIG?

My live rig is one one 10U box, plus FCB. This is Behringer mixer,
EDP, Repeater, MOFX, and Vortex, with a RedSound Federation and AirFX
on a pull out drawn. As I plan to get to SantaCruz this year, I hope
to get a smaller rack (a bit, a 6U) but with a top loader (usually for
mixers) This gives me 10Uhorizontal and 6 U vertical, so I may be able
to squeeze some synth stuff in. As for weight.. not sure yet... gulp..

For local gigs I occasionally haul over "the synth Racks" . One16U
Rack full of Blacet and Doepfer Modular synth modules, and the MIDI
synth rack which is an Old Akai Sampler and a Korg Analog Modeling
synth.

The idea of going laptop is very tempting, but I just haven't heard
anything special from any laptop loopers really, everything seems
either too "PRE- prepared" that they cant react fast enough to improv
-  or they are fiddling on the screen too much. But you know... I'm
sure Ill go that way in the end, even if it is only for touring.

Mark