EDP strange behavior

Hi gang,
a couple fo days ago i was looping and doing lots of feedback with my
eventide delay,and at one point i went to answer the phone upstairs and
forgot the feedback pedal at full toe position which made the eventide
feedback really loud. After that the EDP started distorting everytime i
looped but strangely went away after messing with the feedback knob.The
next day i turned it on again and the distorted noise came back again but
messed with the EDPs feedback knob again rotating it and went away.It has
been fine so far.
I am just curious if this had anything to do with the loud feeback from
the eventide or the EDPs knob...anyone??

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom