Re: musicianship for solo loopers?

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Stefan Tiedje <Stefan-Tiedje@addcom.de>
wrote:

> This only works if you don't "do" it. Any musician who is expressing
>herself
> intensely can't avoid to express it with the whole body. This is evident.

I think "Stefan live" makes a good example. At least when I saw him
play a duo set at Berlin Loopfest together with Rainer Strashill.
Rainer up front, madman with trombone, shouting loudly and poking his
instrument out towards the audience, expressive playing. Then Stefan
sitting on the rear stage floor with just the laptop, pushing keys and
moving microscopical faders somewhere in that hidden area behind the
laptop lid. You could see that he was listening to all of Rainer's
outbursts, and when hearing his aggressively slabbing sounds picking
the fight with Rainder's sound in the house PA it was just wild. Fight
of the Titans! Great communications in the music. The guy sitting
still was by no means overthrown by the physically expressive guy. A
great duo set, I thought.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen