Re: AN ARTICLE IN THE NEW YORK TIMES THAT MENTIONS LOOPING (AT LEAST BRIEFLY)

Caleb joins me often in my string quartet as violist, and we are close friends and colleagues, and he is one of my favorite musicians. He does great work as a composer and violinist, AND countertenor.  Also coming from the classical camp, he is one generation younger than me, and it's wonderful that he just got a Times article all to himself!  I heartily recommend his band, itsnotyouitsme... Give a listen, all tracks are just electric violin and guitar, live looping. Eventually you'll hear some tracks from Caleb and myself, I hope.  We've been trying to get something together for awhile.  He uses a loopstation, I believe, or at least I think I saw one last night. And yes, Daryl, this multi-genre identity began for me in about 1989, and it's amazing to see it trickle down through the conservatory training.  It still seems like there are only a few of us at a time that expand while still IN school, however.  Caleb was one of those guys, and I'm beginning to see more and more folks coming out of school with multi-genre guns blazing, lol.

http://myspace.com/itsnotyouitsme

Best to all...