Can you help me evaluate 2 computers for live looping purposes

Tiger Direct just advertised this computer for a very low price.

Would this be a safe bet for live looping using the new AURISIS virtual
EDP loop V software
and , say, Plogue Bidule?       I'd swap WIN XP , Service Pack 3 out for
the VISTA
which I don't like,  but I"m curious all you computer literate guys and
gals out there.

I know that years ago, people preferred INTEL machines to AMDs but I
know that
much technology has ensued since then.
I'd appreciate your collective wisdom on this one.
Thanks,  Rick Walker

GATEWAY GT5662  Refurbished Desktop PC
AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core  2.2GHz,   3 GB DDR2 RAM,  500 GB SATA2 HD,
DVDRW-Labelflash, ATI Radeon HD, 2400XT, 10/100 LAN, Windows Vista Home
Premium

for $399

while we're at it,   how about this laptop that they also offered?
I'd only loop with this machine
and have no other apps or internet on it.

HP 530 Notebook PC FH528AT- Intel Celeron M 530  1.73GHz, 802.11b/g
WLAN, 1 GB DDR2,  120 GB HDD, DL DVDRW,
15.4" WXGA, Windows Vista

for $469?