Re: Is it possible to upgrade memory in the BOSS RC-20?

Although I read L.D. on a daily basis its rare that I chime in on any
given subject. However as a full-time musician I've personally used the
RC-20 and the RC-20xl extensively for the past 4-5 yrs and agree and know
as Bob stated that you are'nt able to upgrade the memory on either of
these pedals.   The RC-20 has 5.5 mins of record capability where the
RC-20xl has 16 mins of record capability. If you are wanting to have the
ability to expand memory and you want to stay under say the $350 retail
price point, one of the best buys on the market is the Digitech JamMan
loop station. I say this although I have 2 close friends who work for
Boss/Roland (shhhh). The JamMan uses a compact flash card which you can
expand to 6.5 hrs of loops (mono) if you purchase a 2 gig card. When I
purchased mine it came with a flash card included that gives you 24 mins
of loop-time(mono). In addition the JamMan gives you 99 locations to store
phrases, which actually becomes very useful  if you start creating musical
ideas and want to store them immediately, (if your memory is short like
mine). The JamMan also has rock-solid timing once you close the loop and
begin playing to or overdubbing the loop,  which is a must for my style of
playing. It does not have reverse playback or ability to fade the loop out
to stop whereas the RC-20 does if you are into that. You might seriously
consider the RC-50 for multiple loop capability although it doesn't
compare to the high-end loopers many of my fellow loopers use on this
site........"KalimbaMan"