Re:Firewire audio interface recommendations

Hi. One interface I've used without problems both on Mac (OSX) and on PC
(windows xp sp1/sp2) is the M-Audio 410. it has 4 in and 8 out, and as it
is in phase-out I think you could find it for less than what you wish to
pay. The drivers work well, both on mac and on pc, and the quality is not
bad (good for live shows, maybe a bit less for studio recording). I'm
currently using it in pair with a m-audio profire lightbridge (the 32
channels only adat I/O version)with external converters, and am satisfied
with its performance.
If you need something more in quality, you could find some used motu (the
828 is in phase out, too and the ultra-lite works well, too) or an rme
fireface 400.
As far as the rca-pin to jack conversion you can go without problems with
a converter and a good quality cable.