VIDEO PROJECTOR LAST MINUTE ADVISE

With advice,   I looked at the

EPSON S5 SVGA projector (for $450 USD)

and discovered that it projected at a maximum screen resolution of
800 X 600

then I looked at the next one up the price chain:

Epson PowerLite 77c   VGA projector  (for $550 USD)

with a maximum screen resolution of 1024 X 768

A couple of last minute questions (I can get free shipping if I purchase
in the next
72 hours so I want to buy it quickly if I can get enough questions
answered:

1)  my videos are low quality  (mostly 800 X 600)...........is there any
advantage to paying the extra
100 smackers to get the 1024 X 768 VGA  as opposed to the older, cheaper
800 X 600 SVGA
monitor?

2)   Will this projector work with my MacBook Pro.?

In critical reviews it has been faulted for NOT having HDMI connectivity,
but I think
I just want to  project my own art/looping videos live with it.

3)   Lastly,   this is obvious trailing technology as there are the new
DLP projectors out with much
more connectivity.       Am I being foolish buying this older LCD
technology (I hear that colors are
actually warmer with LCD but just don't know.

This unit is really inexpensive, but then,  so is my budget.

Thanks for your advice,

Rick Walker